Configure text: test

Pages

April 29, 2008

Apartment Hunting

So, today I went apartment hunting in Shanghai with an agent, Linda. Very nice lady. I took my friend, DTR, to tag along in case I had questions or issues he could translate better and also for his advice. Linda, showed us 3 apts initially. The first, a nice IKEA-like apartment, which i loved after seeing the other two. And the current tenant was going to leave some appliances, furniture, and her internet connection, which she had already paid up to August. I told Linda this was the one I wanted. So, we left to go home and I was all set and happy to have this apt. So, i'm waiting for the train then Linda calls to tell me that the landlord already got a new tenant who paid the deposite right away. F*ing bummer! boo-hoo... Anyway, so it's late and Linda tells me to leave the train station and come back so she can quickly show me 2 more places. I actually liked these other places too. One was a 2 bedroom for about $500 USD. The other, a 1 bedroom for about $400 USD. I liked the 1 bedroom 'cause it has a flat-screen TV on the bedroom wall and a sofa bed (for you guests) in the living room. Only thing is, it's a little farther from the subway - about 12+ minutes walking... but it's not thaaat bad...
Apartment hunting will continue on Thursday. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Odvard

YOU DID IT!!! I'm so excited for you, I love your blog as well. I look forward to traveling afar thru your blog. Which apartment did you settle on?

Julissa