Configure text: test

Pages

May 03, 2008

American Express Travelers Cheques

I'm really upset with AmEx. When I asked them (when i bought them in New York) if I would have any trouble cashing these cheques in for Chinese cash in China, they assured me I could go to any major bank to do it. That turned out to be a lie. Major banks like Citi and HSBC are not in that network system and don't provide that service here in China. I had to call the AmEx in Hong Kong to find out exactly where I could cash in the check and they gave only 3 locations! My agent called these 3 and they did not provide this service or no one answered the phone. I needed the cheques to make the payments for the apartment.

With no help from dAmnEx, my amazing agent, Linda, was able to call around and found out that Bank of China can do it. But the day we went there, there system was down and not working right (just my luck, huh?). So we went back the next day and I was finally able to cash in those dAmnEx travelers cheques.

AmEx sucks! And they're liars!

1 comment:

Meer said...

That's so shady!